Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet the State Fair, Serve Day, and More!

Boy I've been busy!

I was so far beyond excited! I love camels!
Sorry about the lack of posts lately! Things got busy once classes
started, but I have managed to have some fun in between!
For example: going to the State Fair with Lexi!

The first thing I did was find the booth where you could ride camels. This little beauty's name was Stutter!


Stutter and I posing for the camera.





After that we wandered around, checking out whatever caught our fancy. We had lots of yummy fair food, sno-cones, kettle corn, scones, $8 hamburgers, the works.







Lexi and I then headed over to the games and rides section to see if there was anything we wanted to do there, and we stumbled upon these little mini stuffed elephants you could win for $3. Worth it.
His name is Beauregard. 

 One of the very special things about the Oregon State Fair, is that they have a wildlife display to advertise the Oregon game park. My roommate Amy and I have been discussing getting a turtle, and we happened to stumble upon an Alligator Snapping Turtle. 

I found our new pet Amy!


But the best part of the whole fair, without a doubt was that we got to hold a BABY LION! His name was Jarombi, and he was absolutely tuckered out by the time we got to hold him, but we got to pet him and play with his little paws. SO cute!






And that brings us to Serve Day. Once a year at George Fox, we do a school wide event called "Serve Day" where you go with your living area out into the community and do community service for areas that need it.

Riley House went to Zion Lutheran Church to do some maintenance and painting for the church and their preschool. The church also serves as a homeless shelter. It was a pretty cool day.
Kat, (our adviser) Vikki, Kelsey, Mikayla, Taryn, Emily, Amy, 
and I getting ready for serve day.
Amy and I got to work in the preschool area, and we were super psyched about it, as shown below.

Roomies on Serve Day!





The majority of our day was spent painting bookshelves for the classrooms. It was very hot, but a total blast.




Emily was taking action shots all day, which I am glad for, because then I can share them with you. Especially the really attractive ones like this one. 
This would have been a great picture if I could see. But I can't. Oh well.

At the end of the day, we took one more group photo with all of us before we went home and crashed, or, in the case of my roommate and I, had a Burger King/Lizzie McGuire night, THEN crashed.
(Back Row): Emily, Yali, Me, Amy, Vikki, Kelsey, Mark, Hank (Front Row): Abby, Mikayla, Taryn, and Kat.
And there you have it! That (and homework) is what has been filling my time since last I posted! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment