Saturday, September 22, 2012

Meet the 80s: A Dance and a Day in Portland

"Plumber... flowers... candygram. I'm just a dolphin ma'am."

 Another FANTASTIC week at George Fox!! First of all, I got this fantastic package from my mom and Leslie Romman! You can tell my mom helped pack it... I'll give you one guess how I knew.










Second, there was an 80s dance this week! I've spent my whole life preparing for this dance... 19 years listening to the music, practicing the hair, studying the fashion... all with my mother's guidance, of course. 4 hours, a billion bottles of hairspray, some mouse, and a lot of teasing later, and you have these two visions of beauty.
Aren't we dolls?
The DJ was fantastic, playing great songs that everyone knew, like "Jump on it", "Jump Around", "YMCA",  "Play That Funky Music White Boy", "Livin' on a Prayer", "Safety Dance", and "Fresh Prince of Bel Air", so everyone had fun, but no Def Leppard! What's up with that!? It's a disgrace I tell you, a disgrace.

But it was still so much fun. Amy and I had a total blast weaving through the mosh pit, helping people body surf on inflatable surfboards, rocking the hair, and slowly going deaf.

Two and a half hours later, and you have two very tired, very happy girls.
Jump On It!! Jump On It!! Jump On It!!






This brings us to the next turn of events, which is Portland Day. Since Welcome Weekend, my friends and I have been trying to make a date to go back to Portland and do it right, taking our time and exploring it all. We picked today, which worked out well since it was a Saturday, so the Saturday Market was going on, and we got to experience the Portland life. It was pretty fun. 






Megan Fox-ing it. This is how everyone fixes cars, right?





Before we could begin our journey, we had to stop and put oil in Michelle's car, so we pulled into a parking lot. While she and I were helping Andrew put the oil in, I said, "I feel like Megan Fox in Transformers," so of course we had to get a picture of that.


 Then we headed over to the mall for some wandering and adventure, and I finally accomplished one of my life's goals: to find a bunch of ALL Banana Runts. It was so beautiful. I consumed them with much pomp and circumstance, and got photographic documentation.











Then we hopped on the Max and headed downtown for Saturday Market and fun.





We eventually made it back to Powell's Bookstore, where I found the Batman section. Needless to say, we were there for quite some time. It was a life defining moment. 










After all of the adventure, we headed back to Fox and now Andrew, Lexi, Mikayla and I are watching Lord of the Ring: The Two Towers, because Andrew has never seen them. Rude.

Anyway, that's all for this week, and my last post as a 19 year old.

More to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment