Saturday, August 25, 2012

Meet the Roommate: Mystery Bus Tour and Making Friends

Last night and today have been crazy!

Last night, we said goodbye to the parents and then ran over to the field, where we danced, had a rock paper scissors showdown, grouped up in our birth months, and played all sorts of group games.

After that, we went to dinner at the lower field, and had huge snow cones, dinner, and Voodoo Donuts!

Then the buses arrived to take us to our Mystery Bus Tour. I was on the Transfer Bus (Bus 8!) with all the cool people, including but not limited to my new friends: Andrew, Lexi, Allie, Jerika, and Tory.

They dropped us in downtown Portland and gave us a few hours to wander around and explore, so we headed over to Powell's Bookstore. This store is a BLOCK long! A whole block of books. I want to live there.

Here's the map of the bookstore I got.

This place is HUGE. We made it through maybe two rooms before we had to leave, so we are making plans to take a Saturday day trip and check it out.

They were also doing Festival Italiana there, so we got to listen to some great music and dance. Then we hopped on the Max and took it down to the buses, which took us to Oak's Amusement Park, which was shut down just for GFU!

Here's some of us on the Max. It was super crowded, but everyone had a total blast, as you can see.


I went on rides that I would NEVER have gone on, but since I was with my new friends I had a total blast! We went on The Scrambler and had a jolly old tea party, though we sloshed quite a bit. Then we went on the Carrousel and rode side saddle, because we are ladies! The greatest challenge for me, however, was The Disko. I thought I was going to die.
 


 (That's not the one I was on, but it is the same ride.)

The whole night was a ton of fun, except for the end, which was us getting back to school at 3 in the morning, and having to get up for breakfast at 8. I skipped that whole eating thing in favor of sleep.

Which brings us to today, when I got my roommate! Her name is Amy and she is fabulous. We both love theatre, reading, and 80s music, and I can tell this is going to be a beautiful friendship.

Off to eat!




No comments:

Post a Comment