Friday, August 24, 2012

Meet the Housemates: Moving In and Getting Started!

It's my first day here at George Fox!

We drove down last night and after a few hours of sleep, headed over to the school to move in! I'm in a two story house with a front and back porch, a kitchen, a living room, a dining room, a study nook, two bathrooms, and four bedrooms.



Right now I have a room to myself, but we are supposed to be getting more girls on Sunday, so we'll see!

So far I've met a few of the housemates: Taryn, Katherine (Kat), Abby (Qipeng), and Mikayla. I know Emily and Kelsey are coming tomorrow, and Amy is supposed to be coming at some point, but the house holds 10, so we'll see if the rooms are all filled when we are done!

I can tell we are going to get along well, mostly because first thing when you walk in our house, there is a sign that says, "Hey I just met you... and this is crazy... but here's my number: GET IN THE VAN." 

We got my stuff all set up pretty quickly, and spent the rest of the day doing some scheduled activities and touring campus.

I heard the final news on doing work study in the theater department today,and it's a go!

Last but not least, we had Fred Meyer night. The local Fred Meyer shut down for us from 11-1AM and everything was 20% off. There was a DJ, free samples, and a dance floor. So much fun!



1 comment: